What Do I Need to Know
About Business Analysis?
As you take a career on business analysis and a list of the key skills required to be successful as a business analyst.. The skills we will train you include:
- Elicitation techniques used by business analysts and who gets involved in the elicitation process.
- What analysis and specification techniques are most commonly used for determining scope, functional requirements, visual requirements, and data requirements.
- The critical communication skills for business analysts and how these intersect with the most common BA responsibilities.
- The software development methodologies business analysts need to be familiar with and how BA work is impacted by different methodologies.
- The types of tools and technologies you might encounter as a business analyst.
- The types of experiences typically available to professionals employed in a technical environment, including ways to get more customer or user exposure.
- The types of experiences more typically open to those working on the business side and the types of projects you might want to get involved in.
- Opportunities available to both technical and non-technical professionals and how to reframe your current tasks as business analyst tasks with simple techniques such as observations, active listening, and practicing your systems mindset.
- How to put together realistic and valuable goals for professional networking, so this set of activities helps you move your career forward in a concrete way.
- How to pay it forward and what you have to offer seasoned business analysts even if you are not yet a business analyst yourself.
- How to conduct an informational interview with a business analyst and a list of questions you may want to ask.
- How to find the best networking events in your local area and what to do when you get there.
- What authoritative, online resources you can use to further your professional development and meet other business analysts.
- A strategy you can use to optimize your resume to highlight your business analyst experiences.
- How to build a list of references appropriate to a BA job.
- What work samples a hiring manager might look for and how to create them.
- A list of job boards for finding business analyst jobs, keywords to use to find business analyst jobs, and a list of possible job titles under which you might find a business analyst role.
- How to prepare for a BA job interview. You’ll learn the types of people you might interview with and what they’ll be looking for in a BA job candidate.
US : 2088 US 130 Suite 204 Monmouth Junction, New Jersey USA08852.
CANADA : 1704 - 129 Wellington Street Brantford ON N3T 5Z9